Code of Conduct
BalCCon is a conference by hacker community, for the hacker community. We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone.
- 1 Expected behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- 2 Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
- 3 Consequences of unacceptable behavior
- 4 What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior
- 5 We expect all conference participants (orga team, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this code of conduct at conference venues and conference-related social events.
Expected behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Be excellent to each other
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, materials and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert conference organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
Unacceptable behavior & materials include, but are not limited to:
- Unacceptable behaviors & materials include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning materials or conduct by any attendees of the event and related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment includes: offensive comments (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing materials, photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events (whether verbal or otherwise); inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by BalCCon and its show management, in their sole discretion.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon, which may cause danger to others if used in a certain manner.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behavior or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Smoking – other than in designated areas.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of the Venue.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by other attendees, media, speakers, volunteers, organizers or venue staff
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the conference without warning or refund.
What to do if you witness or are subjected to unacceptable behavior
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify a conference organizer as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
Orga team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference. You can report unacceptable behavior to any member of orga team. Orga team can be found in the room for Orga and Volunteers at venue.